Lord Vishnu is one of the most important Hindu Gods to many devotees across the world. He is a part of the Trimurti of Hindu Gods along with Shiva and Brahma. While Brahma is known as the Creator and Shiva as the Destroyer; Vishnu is the Preserver of our Universe.
There are several thousand temples dedicated to Lord Vishnu around the world; either big or small. Most of the key significant temples are located in India. Each year these temples attract millions of pilgrims from across the globe who come to seek the blessings of Lord Vishnu.
Let Us Look At Some Of The Most Important Vishnu Temples In India –
1. Jagannath – A special temple dedicated to the Jagannath form of Lord Vishnu; this temple is also one of the ‘Char Dhams’ of Vaishnavism. The temple has a lot of great legends associated with it and has stunning architecture too. The Ratha Yatra festival is the most important celebration at the Jagannnath Temple. Get Jagganath Dham Prasad Here
2. Ranganathaswamy – This temple at Srirangam is one of the most important ‘ Swayam Bhakta Kshetras’ dedicated to Lord Vishnu. It is the largest functioning Hindu temple in the world and it has brilliant architecture.According to some legends, Lord Rama who was a manifestation of Lord Vishnu himself, worshipped the deity here after returning from Lanka. Get Ranganathaswamy Prasad Here
3. Venkateshwara – This is probably the most famous Vishnu temple in India and also one of the oldest. Also known as the Venkateshwara Temple, this legendary temple is located in the hill town of Tirumala near Tirupati. Every year innumerable number of devotees visit this temple to seek the powerful blessings of Venkateshwara Vishnu. Get Venkateshwara Prasad Here
4. Vitthalrukmini – This special temple situated at Pandharpur is one of the most important Vaishnav temples in India. It is the most visited temple in Maharashtra and is dedicated to the Vithoba form of Lord Vishnu and his consort Rukmini. There are several legends associated with Vithoba, who is widely revered by many Hindus. Get Vitthalrukmini Prasad Here
5. Dwarkadhish – This is another significant temple which is dedicated to the Krishna form of Lord Vishnu. It is at least 2000 years old and is rumored to have been built by Lord Krishna’s grandson Vajranabha. It is quite important as it is situated at Dwarka, which was the residence of Lord Krishna Himself. It also holds the distinction of being one of the ‘Char Dhams’ and also a Divya Desam site. Get Dwarkadhish Prasad Here
6. Bankey Bihari – This is another Krishna temple situated in the holy city of Vrindavan and is one of the key sites of Vaishnavism. The famous deity at this temple is in the Tribhanga pose and it is also believed that the idol is the most accurate representation of Lord Krishna. The festivals of Janmasthami Jhulan Yatra and Akshaya Tritiya are celebrated in a grand manner here. Get Bankey Bihari Prasad Here
7. Simhachalam – Simhachalam Temple near Vishakapatnam is another renowned temple dedicated to the Narsimha Avatar of Lord Vishnu. It is one of the eighteen Narsimha Kshetras in India and there are many ancient legends dedicated to this temple. Get Simhachalam Prasad Here
8. Kanak Bhavan – The Ram Mandir or Kanak Bhawan at Ayodhya is dedicated to Vishun’s Avatar Rama and his consort Sita. This temple has great ambience and Kirtans are sung here throughout the day. The festival of Rama Navami is the most significant celebration at this temple, and it draws a huge number of devotees during this time. Get Kanak Bhavan Prasad Here
9. Radha Raman Mandir – Radha Raman Mandir at Vrindavan is another site dedicated to Lord Krishna and his consort Radha. Built about 500 years ago by Gopala Bhatta Gosvami, this temple houses the Shaligram murti of Lord Krishna. It commemorates the undying universal love of Radha and Krishna and Radha Saptami is the most important festival celebrated here. Get Radha Raman Prasad Here
10. Srinathji – Perhaps the only major temple where Sri Krishna is worshipped in his child form. The idol here existed before the temple was built at Nathdwara, which means ‘the doorway to God’. Thousands of devotees visit this temple each year, just to get a glimpse of the famous image of Srinathji, who is a manifestation of Lord Krishna. Get Srinathji Prasad Here